In October 2020 we submitted an application to change the practice boundary at Lyngford Park Surgery. This has been approved and the boundary change will take effect from 1st February 2021.
You can view our proposed practice boundary change here: Lyngford Park Practice Boundary Change
What is happening? Currently we take patients from a large catchment area across the north of Taunton as well as many villages located around the southern end of the Quantock Hills.
Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which allocates health spending for the county, has agreed to redraw our boundary, which will impact those living in villages to both the north and west of Taunton.
Why is this happening? The change, which was agreed on 7th December 2020, has been done to ensure that our resources are better able to serve the residents of Taunton, especially in the north-east of the town, which is seeing a significant population growth due to new housing developments.
There are a number of reasons why this new boundary is being put in place:
- Reduction in journey times to the practice, which will prevent congestion on roads in and around the town
- During peak times, home visits have taken our duty doctors in excess of an hour - releasing clinical time will allow them to see more patients
- We have an increasing population in the north-east of Taunton - reducing travel time will allow us to focus our existing resources. This will better serve our local population and allow our clinicians to see more patients, providing a better quality of patient care and services for all.
So what does this mean for existing patients? There will be no change in service for patients currently registered with the surgery. It is also important to us that we support and enable family groups to be seen by the same practice where possible and in the best interest of the patients.
We will also consider, and accept applications from children and elderly relatives of those already registered, unless there is a specific reason why we cannot treat that patient, where their care would be better supported elsewhere (something we already assess and consider).
What does this mean for new patients? Once the new boundary is in place (this is expected to be 01st February 2021) anyone looking to register from outside of the new area will need to consider registering with a different surgery.
There are 11 other surgeries in the local area who have been identified as being able to accommodate new patients. These include:
- Quantock Vale, Mount Street, Bishop's Lydeard
- Creech Medical Centre, Hyde Lane, Creech St Michael
- North Petherton Surgery, Mill Lane, North Petherton
- Orchard Medical Centre, Morse Road, Norton Fitzwarren
- College Way Surgery, Comeytrowe Centre, Taunton
- Crown Medical Centre, Venture Way, Taunton
- French Weir Surgery, French Weir Avenue, Taunton
- Taunton Vale Healthcare, Lisieux Way, Taunton
- Warwick House Medical Centre, Upper Holway Road, Taunton
- Luson Surgery, Fore Street, Wellington
- Wellington Medical Centre, Mantle Street, Wellington
Contact Us If you need to speak to us about these changes and what this might mean for you, please email the practice manager, Ann England, at email@example.com.